Visitors, Installation Passes
These step-by-step procedures vary depending on the situation or category of the visitor. Visitor pass categories are as follows:
NOTE: The following provisions apply to all visiting personnel:
- Escorted visitors must be signed onto the installation by an individual (sponsor) who is properly registered in DBIDS and is authorized escort privileges.
- Visitors must be processed onto the installation at an authorized Access Control Point (CPX Gate Visitor’s Center or Pedestrian Walk-Thru Gate) and be escorted at all times while on the installation. Extended visitor’s passes (72/96 hr) are issued/processed only at the CPX Gate Visitor’s Center.
- Regardless of the duration an escorted visitor’s pass is valid for (24hr-72hr- 96hr); the escort (sponsor) must either re-register or de-register their visitor from DBIDS at the ACP where they initially processed the visitor pass prior to its expiration.
- Non-Korean Nationals must present a valid passport and their ROK immigration (Visa) status (e.g. date of entry into the ROK, valid immigration visa or ROK Registration Card, and expiration date).
- The Garrison Commander may take action in cases where visitors are left uncontrolled/escorted by their sponsor. At a minimum, the sponsor who signed the visitor onto the installation will lose his/her escort privileges for not less than 30 days.