The next Humphreys Garrison Community Town Hall Meeting is at the Community Activity Center, Jan. 21, 2014, starting at 6 p.m.
Next Townhall: Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014, 6 p.m. @ Community Activity Center
Town Hall Issues and Answers are available below or for download in the Downloads Tab!
The Town Hall Meeting is a quarterly forum open for Solders, Civilians and Families who live, work, serve, train and play at Humphreys Garrison. The USAG-Humphreys Commander and directorate chiefs are ready to listen to your concerns and address any questions about the installation. Everyone is encouraged to attend and voice their opinions to the Commander and his staff.
Send comments and questions to email@example.com
Question & Answer Session from the Oct. 2013 Town Hall Meeting.
1. ISSUE: The traffic mirror at the new stoplight is pointed in the wrong direction and gives drivers the false view that the road is clear when it might not be. Recommend it be adjusted to show the correct view of the road.
RESPONSE: We will take a look at this and ask DPW to make the corrections needed.
POC: Mr. Thomas, DSN 753-3199
Humphreys High School
2. ISSUE: I have three children in DODDS. Why are my high school-aged kids being told they can’t wear jeans with small holes in them? I cannot afford to buy new clothes for this new policy. In addition, why is this only a policy here at Humphreys and not the other high schools in Korea?
RESPONSE: That has been determined to be the dress code. Even when certain clothing is in fashion, it may not be appropriate for school. Moreover, we’re concerned with clothing that has larger holes, and currently there’s more skin being seen than cloth material. We want kids to focus on the subject, not the student sitting beside them. I believe the dress code at Humphreys High School is very similar to the other schools here in Korea.
POC: Ms. Kennedy, DSN 753-6313
3. ISSUE: Reference the upcoming NCAA Game at Camp Humphreys. Will alumni get priority on tickets? Also, will Soldiers from those areas, (e.g. those that can produce a driver’s license) receive priority for tickets?
RESPONSE: Tickets will be distributed to units throughout Korea based on the number of military personnel assigned. You should contact your unit commander to discuss any unique situation you may have.
POC: Mr. Claycomb, DSN 753-6095
4. ISSUE: Regarding the intersection at F Ave – will there be a left turn into G Ave housing and the school?
RESPONSE: The current road is temporary. There will be a new 4-lane road in the future. Currently the only road will be the one by the Radio Controlled (RC) track. The permanent road to G Ave housing will be finished by the Spring of 2015. After we get a new F and G Avenue roundabout (emphasis on “roundabout”) completed there will be a permanent road to G Avenue Housing.
POC: Mr. Polaski, DSN 753-6050
5. ISSUE: Can you clarify for DA Civilians and Family members the new ration control policy?
RESPONSE: The sponsor will be issued the ID (CAC) card and the Spouse and Family member will receive ration cards.
POC: Mr. Grayson, DSN 753-6736
6. ISSUE: Will Sponsors need to turn ration cards in and can contractors use facilities with the CAC card only?
RESPONSE: We do not have the final guidance, but the ration cards will probably need to be turned in. Contractors with CAC cards will not need a ration card.
POC: Mr. Grayson, DSN 753-6736