Policy Memorandum #77
After-Hour Lockout Response for Unaccompanied Senior Leader Quarters (SLQ)
IMHM-PWH 1 August 2012
MEMORANDUM FOR SEE DISTRIBUTION
SUBJECT: United States Army Garrison Humphreys Policy Letter #77, After-Hour Lockout Response for Unaccompanied Senior Leader Quarters (SLQ)
1. The proponent for this policy is the Camp Humphreys Housing Office, Unaccompanied Housing Chief.
2. This policy is effective immediately. It remains in effect until rescinded or superseded.
a. AR 420-1 Army Facilities Management, 12 Feb 08.
b. Housing Division, Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
4. Applicability. This policy letter is applicable to all military personnel residing in SLQ’s.
5. Definition of after hours:
Monday thru Friday……… 1700 to 0800
Saturday & Sunday……….24 Hours
US & USFK Holidays……..24 Hours
6. Liability for Service Charge. IAW IMCOM Housing Standard Operating Procedures, resident’s assigned to Unaccompanied Quarter sign a statement of understanding for the liabilities incurred due to neglect or abuse. Residents are required to pay the total expense for all loss incurred due to negligence or abuse. Residents who call for lockout assistance will incur a $50.00 service charge for each lockout call to pay for the overtime to respond for lockout assistance.
7. Process for contacting DPW for lockouts after hour:
a. Call DPW lockout number at 753-6173 or 753-6174 and provide your name, rank, building number, and room number.
b. A housing representative will arrive at the building where the lockout occurs and proceed to unlock the room. Prior to unlocking the room the housing representative will verify identity of resident and have them complete section “9” of DD Form 362 Statement of Charges/Cash Collection Voucher. Service Member must sign section “9h” acknowledging consent for a payroll deduction for the service charge amount located in section “9i”. Cash will not be accepted.
8. Resident Liability for Lock. In the event that the lock has malfunctioned or is broken, the housing representative will assess the damage and determine if the damage was a result of neglect or abuse and require additional payment for the damaged property. If the housing representative finds that the damage or malfunction was not the fault of the resident, a locksmith will be called to change or repair the lock without expense to the resident.
9. Lost Keys. Residents who lose their keys must report to the housing office during normal duty hours to generate paperwork, needed to pay for the reproduction of the key.
a. Once paperwork is complete, resident will receive DD Form 362, Statement of Charges/ Cash Collection Voucher and report to finance to pay for the key.
b. Resident then brings paid receipt to housing where they will generate and issue a service order for key replacement.
c. Resident takes service order to lock shop to have their keys made.
10. POC is the Chief, Facilities Branch at 753-6605.
DARIN S. CONKRIGHT
Sample DD Form 362