Policy Memorandum #37
Army Family Housing (AFH) Assignment
IMHM-PWH 1 August 2012
MEMORANDUM FOR SEE DISTRIBUTION
SUBJECT: United States Army Garrison Humphreys, Policy Memorandum #37, Army Family Housing (AFH) assignment policy
1. The proponency for this policy is the Directorate of Public Works, Family Housing Division.
2. This Policy is effective immediately. It remains in effect until rescinded or superseded.
3. Reference: AR 420-1, Army Facilities Management, 12 February 2008
4. Purpose: To establish the assignment policy for Family Housing on USAG Humphreys.
5. All military personnel, to include Joint Domicile, key and essential civilians, who hold command sponsorship numbers for USAG Humphreys, will compete equally for government owned housing in accordance with the assignment priorities established by this memorandum.
6. To ensure maximum utilization of the Family Housing assets, assignment of quarters will be based on the Service Member’s family composition, not necessarily on the Service Member’s pay grade. Waiting lists will be established for two, three and four bedroom housing units. Bedroom requirement will be established in accordance with table 3-5 in AR 420-1. Waiting list eligibility date is determined by criteria in AR 420-1 i.e., the eligibility date for newly arriving command sponsored Service Member is the date the Service Member signed out of their last permanent CONUS duty station or the date of arrival (the Service Member must provide a copy of the signed leave form to use the earlier date).
7. At the time of in-processing, the Housing Counselor will determine bedroom requirement, eligibility date, and will place the applicant on the appropriate waiting list. If quarters are not available in the correct bedroom requirement, an applicant may elect,
in writing, to be placed on a waiting list with less bedrooms than authorized. If housing is assigned under this procedure, residents are considered adequately housed for the remainder of their tour. The only exception to be considered will be a change in family size.
8. The residency of the Family Housing facilities will be assigned as follows:
Rank Requirement Bldg. S-510 Bldg. S-511 Bldg. S-512
E1-E7 2BR 8 Units
O1-O3, WO1-CW3 2BR
E1-E6 3BR 28 Units
O4-O5,CW4-CW5 3BR 32 Units
E7-E8 3BR 36 Units
O1-O3, WO1-CW3 3BR
E1-E6 4BR 14 Units
O1-O3, WO1-CW3 4BR
O4-O5, CW4-CW5 4BR
All Ranks Super 4BR 8 Units
9. Assignment priorities are as established in AR 420-1 table 3-6.
10. The housing units are fully furnished. Personnel who bring their own furniture will not be authorized additional storage. If families have their own furniture they may do a onetime turn in of all or partial furnishings at government expense, within 90 days from signing for quarters. After the 90 days the sponsor is responsible to take any unwanted excess furniture to the Housing Furnishing warehouse for turn-in. When the Service Member clears quarters, any turned in furnishings will be restored at government expense. If the Service Member needs pickup/delivery of any furnishing after the 90 days or during their length of their tour they may opt to have this done at their expense and will be charged by the shipping contract rate for the movement of the items.
11. Requests for exceptions to the assignment portion of this policy will be in writing to the USAG Humphreys Garrison Commander through the Chief, Housing Division. All requests must have supporting documentation to justify the exception.
12. Point of contact is Chief, Housing Division at 753-7358.
2 Encl DARIN S. CONKRIGHT
Appendix A COL, SF
Appendix B Commanding
Appendix A – Key and Essential Designated Quarters Personnel
1. IAW AR 420-1, paragraph 3-14b(2), the installation commander designates specific dwelling units for use by personnel assigned to selected key billets.
2. ADC(S)/2ID will be assigned Designated Quarters #1708 on USAG Humphreys.
3. Additionally, the following designated positions will be assigned to the remaining 1700 series houses:
Commander, USAG Humphreys
Commander, 2nd CAB
CSM, USAG Humphreys
CSM, 2nd CAB
Appendix B - Key and Essential Personnel
IAW AR 420-1, 3-14i(1), Key and essential military and DOD-sponsored civilian employees that are incumbents of designated key and essential positions as established by the Garrison Commander are as follows:
a. Service Members:
** Battalion Commanders
** Battalion CSM’s
** Can be assigned 1700 series quarters (if available)
b. Key and Essential Civilians:
Red Cross Director