The Health Promotion mission is to support, promote, and manage initiatives, programs, and services that enhance healthy lifestyles and improve quality of life for the entire beneficiary population assigned at USAG Humphreys.
Topic and services that are avaialable to unit and/or individuals include:
- Tobacco Cessation
- STI/STD Prevention
- Personal hygiene
- Women's/Men's Health issues
- Cold/Warm Weather issues
- Weight loss
- Improve run time
- Blood pressure screening
- Injury Prevention
- Safe driving
- Sun safety
- Heart health
and additional topics by request.
- Tobacco Cessation is scheduled by calling 753-3253. Various quit plan options are available including nicotine replacement, zyban, and chantix.
- ArmyMOVE class is offered for Soldiers who need to lose weight twice a month in the Camp Humphreys Education Center. Call the Nutrition Clinic at 737-1570 for the current schedule or visit the Nutrition Clinic Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/121-CSH-Nutrition-Clinic/272186642846953?fref=ts.
- Pregnancy Post Partum Training Program (PPPT) meets every Mon, Wed, and Fri for supervised exercise on the 3rd floor of the Super Gym at 6:30 a.m. Educational sessions are held every Tuesday in the Super Gym TV lounge at 0700. Medically cleared pregnant active duty Soldiers are required to attend. To enroll, SFC JANELL A HARRIS, 2 CAB BDE S-3 TASKING NCOIC OFFICE # 753-7623.
- The Humphreys Road Runner Youth running club meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1730 – 1830 at the Zoeckler Track.
- The Community Health Promotion Council meets the third Wednesday of the month at 1000. Contact Health Promotion for information at 753-3253.
- Join us for the monthly Run to AK Plaza, a 5.3 mile training run through the local countryside.
- Call 753-3253 for information.